Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Post 9: We Could Be Getting Close!

2/22/2012 Note: Welcome to the 9th post of this blog.  If you would like to see the earlier posts leading up to this point, please scroll to the bottom on the page. The first post is entitled, "The Beginning....He Did What????  ...or, you can start here and work your way back....I welcome all comments or information you may have. You may contact me at mitchsutton@att.net


Hi all!
I had a note from Lucy, my ProGenealogists.com case manager: 
Hello Mitch,
Your session is still out to research. As I explained to you at the start of the session, your researcher is very experienced in colonial American research and is in high demand. I anticipate your session back very soon from my conversations with him. I will let you know when your session returns.  It has been a pleasure in assisting you with your research.
Lucy
It appears that things may be wrapping up. I am exited about getting the report and I'm also trying to be realistic that the results might not be as extensive as I have hoped. We've all probably waited for Christmas morning to find we didn't get that go-cart or whatever over the moon gift we asked Santa to bring. We will soon see! With that said, I promise a full disclosure of my experience with ProGeneaologists.com once the report is received.   I told you guys up front I was not a patient man!  And yes, I'm still trying to figure out to which side of the family that personality trait belongs. 


Since we last talked, I've made the acquaintance of a new third cousin once removed.  She lives in Jackson County and she and her husband volunteer with the Jackson County Genealogical Society once a week.  She told her mom about me and as it turns out, her mom and my dad went to school together.  She emailed me a picture her mom had of my Dad from a high school reunion some years ago. There again is another example of if you are a Sutton and were born, raised or have kin in the south-western mountains of NC we are likely related. I only wish my Aunt Bess and my Aunt Kathryn had been able to have the tools and research options we have today.


 So since I started this project, I have made the acquaintance of new cousins Clara, Cheryl, Jim and Karen none of who I knew before this journey. I hope I have the opportunity  to meet each of you face to face sometime down the road.  And I found out that our long time family friend, Doris, is also related!  Not bad....not bad at all.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment